Just hours after President José Eduardo dos Santos declared his intention to step down in 2018, we sat down with Angolan journalist/activist Rafael Marques de Morais and journalist/scholar Justin Pearce to discuss Angola’s current situation.
Follow us and our guests:
- Desné Masie (co-host): Twitter
- Peter Dörrie (co-host/producer): Twitter | Facebook | Homepage
- Rafael Marques de Morais (guest): Maka Angola | Twitter
- Justin Pearce
- African Arguments: Twitter | Facebook | Homepage
- Information on Hanne’s Shelter
- Links and info on current events in Eritrea, collected by South African journalist Martin Plaut
- Zitamar News – Breaking news and analysis from Mozambique
- Ballot box stuffing in Uganda’s elections
- BBC: Angola’s Jose Eduardo dos Santos ‘to step down in 2018’
- The Children’s Corridor of Death in Angola’s Second Hospital
Thanks for listening! If you would like to support us, have a suggestion for a topic we should cover or a guest we should invite, please get in touch! There are links to the social media profiles of our hosts above, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The music on this podcast was kindly provided by DJ Maramza.