Africa Elections 2022: All the upcoming votes
A regularly updated list and interactive map of the upcoming elections in Africa in 2022.
Last updated: 19 August 2022
How to use the map
This Africa elections map shows you all the upcoming votes. Move around and click to find out more.
The colour tells you approximately when the election is:
- Red – This month
- Orange – Next month
- Yellow – In two months
- Green – Beyond that
The icon tells you who is up for election:
Upcoming Africa elections: A list
Here are the upcoming elections in list form. The exact dates are liable to change.
- 9 August: Kenya – General
- 24 August: Angola – Presidential + National Assembly + Local
- 7 September: Lesotho – National Assembly + Local
- By September: Chad – Presidential + National Assembly
Later in 2022
- 13 November: Somaliland – Presidential
- November 2022: Equatorial Guinea – House of Representatives + Senate + Local
- 17 December: Tunisia – Legislative
- 2022: Comoros – Island assemblies