AAP#11: No, Angola’s President dos Santos will not step down just yet
Just hours after President José Eduardo dos Santos declared his intention to step down in 2018, we sat down with Angolan journalist/activist Rafael Marques de Morais and journalist/scholar Justin Pearce to discuss Angola’s current situation.
Follow us and our guests:
- Desné Masie (co-host): Twitter
- Peter Dörrie (co-host/producer): Twitter | Facebook | Homepage
- Rafael Marques de Morais (guest): Maka Angola | Twitter
- Justin Pearce
- African Arguments: Twitter | Facebook | Homepage
- Information on Hanne’s Shelter
- Links and info on current events in Eritrea, collected by South African journalist Martin Plaut
- Zitamar News – Breaking news and analysis from Mozambique
- Ballot box stuffing in Uganda’s elections
- BBC: Angola’s Jose Eduardo dos Santos ‘to step down in 2018’
- The Children’s Corridor of Death in Angola’s Second Hospital
Thanks for listening! If you would like to support us, have a suggestion for a topic we should cover or a guest we should invite, please get in touch! There are links to the social media profiles of our hosts above, or drop us a line at [email protected].
The music on this podcast was kindly provided by DJ Maramza.