AAP#13: Are South Africa’s local election results the beginning of the end for the ANC?
Not least due to the underwhelming performance and controversial behaviour of President Jacob Zuma, the ANC experienced a historic low in last week’s local elections. Together with Nick Branson and Nompumelelo Runji, we discuss the details of the outcome, analyse winners, losers and surprises, and ask how the ANC could come back from this setback, if it can.
Follow us and our guests:
- Desné Masie (co-host): Twitter
- Peter Dörrie (co-host/producer): Twitter | Facebook | Homepage
- Nick Branson: Twitter
- Nompumelelo Runji: Twitter
- African Arguments: Twitter | Facebook | Homepage
- Some of Nick’s excellent articles on the context of the election
- All results of the Election in a nice interactive map
Thanks for listening! If you would like to support us, have a suggestion for a topic we should cover or a guest we should invite, please get in touch! There are links to the social media profiles of our hosts above, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The music on this podcast was kindly provided by DJ Maramza.